Glossary

Thursday, 28 July 2011

The importance of comfort food and picking it smartly

So I haven't blogged in a while. This, unfortunately, is due to feeling crappy in general and just down about a whole heap of things....mostly the lack of money. Of course despite that I have 15kg's to loose by April (but that's another story totally) I have been comfort eating....and my food of choice is cheese.

Cheese, glorious cheese. The golden blocks that dreams are made of....as are large butts unfortunately. I love cheese. All cheese. Yellow, white, blue.... it doesn't matter which. It just is my delight. And chocolate. Anything chocolate infused sends me into a happy place. Oh and Jelly. I have been known to go through 4 boxes plus in week easily. And bread and ice cream.... see the problem. I will happily spend my time eating cheese sandwiches interspersed with chocolate. And that is where I got to thinking... Why can't we have our proverbial cake and eat it. WHY NOT!

Stock up on diet Ice cream, you know the sugar free low fat one, and Sugar free jelly. If you like custard then make it with fat free milk and honey or sweetener. Buy dark chocolate. Ok, I know some people don't like dark chocolate so see if you can find a milk/dark combo. Or, what is also super yummy is to buy whole dates and coat them with choc (i'l do a blog with this somewhere along the line) Dates are sweet and healthy and good for you, and are sweet enough that using dark chocolate wont prove to bitter.

As far as cheese sandwiches go....well... I love them plain and I love them toasted. I use low fat margerine on the un-toasted ones and for toasting I don't use any fat as I bought myself the most fantastic toasting bag (here's a link to help you get the idea toaster bag ) that does not require fat and makes the most YUMMY SQUISHY sandwiches. Unfortunately you will have to learn, like I have, that you can't have more then 3 a day. Well, you can, but you shouldn't.

Ok, so it's not the most entertaining blog, but that's what you get for today.

Back again soon
Taraaa
Moo

1 comment:

  1. 1 point 5 KGs or fifteen KGs?

    Fifteen is a hectic amount to lose before April, it took me 2 yes TWO years to lose 10KGs.

    Anyways - Winter is made for comfort eating it helps keep the immune system up :)

    ReplyDelete